A recently pregnant mother made a flip chart of hand-written prayers, scriptures, and affirmations that her husband read to her while she was in labor. Gathered from many different places, these words of truth might help you, too, rejoice in the Lord during your confinement. If you want any of these affirmations to be linked to their original text, just let me know the source and I'll be happy to give proper attribution.
Father God, thank you for this contraction, for it will bring me one step closer to holding my baby. Body, in the name of Jesus Christ, remain as relaxed as possible. I give myself permission to open up and let my baby out Lord. Guard my heart and my mind from the darts of the enemy, and keep me holy. Lord, enlarge the territory of my flesh and allow my baby to come out with the least amount of pain possible. Let the labor be quick, Lord, but not too quick that it would hurt my child. Let all things happen in your perfect timing and according to your will. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
In the name of Jesus Christ, whom I love and serve, I ask that my body would remain calm & completely relaxed. I pray for a quick birth but not too quick to hurt my baby. I ask for You and Your perfect timing, Lord. I give my body permission to open up and stretch to let my baby out in Your perfect timing. Amen.
Body, I speak to you to be at peace, relax, rest. Muscles, nerves, be at peace. I rest in faith in God’s Word and thank you Father, for total and complete peace in confidence, in Jesus’ name, Amen.
We have learned all that we can about the pros and cons of all the decisions that we have to make. We ask that for your perfect will, Lord. Help us to be discerning and wise in all of these areas, and Holy Spirit, impart truth in all areas of this birth. Amen.
We will not act in a way that is unbecoming or rude. We will be a great witness for our Lord, Jesus Christ. Bring others to us, Lord that will need to see you through us. Help us to have a gentle and quiet spirit, yet firm and confident in birth. Amen.
• Meditate on things that are true and beautiful. Turn negative thoughts into prayers for others.
• Pray for your baby’s salvation
• After the next negative thought pray for your baby’s future spouse and their salvation
• Teach Satan that each time that he attacks you with negative/fearful thoughts; it will generate prayer of salvation for someone else.
• Pray over your birth, how you want it to go-perfectly, just as God’s perfect will is. Get excited about what God is going to do!
• C – Christ/ Christ above all else/ Jesus Christ the Comforter and the One who takes away our fear
• A - Attitude/ say “I’ve made it this far”/ no bad thoughts just prayerful thoughts/each contraction brings me closer/enter a sleeplike state of mind
• L - Lungs/slow, deep abdominal breathing/ slow down that racing heart
• M – Muscles/keep tension out of muscles during a contraction/ the automatic response to a building contraction is resistance. Letting every muscle loosen at the onset of a contraction takes practice discipline, and determination.
• Breathe in for the count of 2-3
• Hold on long enough to grab any tension and let it go
• Exhale for the count of 4
• Hold for 1 count before repeating
• Slow controlled breathing is key but hard to do during transition
• AVOID HYPERVENTILATION!
• Every time you breath in say “In with the Lord”
• Every time you breathe out say “Out with tension”
"But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint. " 1 Timothy 2:15
"Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
"Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. " Hebrews 4:16
"I sought the LORD, and He answered me,
And delivered me from all my fears. " Psalm 34:4
"Submit therefore to God Resist the devil and he will flee from you. " James 4:7
"For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. " 2 Timothy 1:7
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6
"We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ" 2 Corinthians 10:5
"Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. " James 1:12